PARENTS / GUARDIANS / STUDENTS: Announcements appear every day that school is in session @ 5 a.m., and can be found here: *Daily Announcements
Why not add to YOUR FAVORITES!
Announcements to be read on MONDAY – MAY 20, 2013
Reminder: ALL Students MUST ENTER Through FRONT DOOR – NO EXCEPTIONS!
LUNCH DUTY 5/20, 21, 22, 23 , 24:
A. Ruby B. Merritt C: Brunner D: Hadeka
HOMEWORK SUCCESS PROGRAM DUTY 5/20, – , 22, 23:
BREAKFAST / LUNCH:
REMEMBER to Deposit Money in your BREAKFAST / LUNCH Account – TY
NOTE: Parents / Guardians will have 2 methods to fund their student’s account:
1) Go to: www.MySchoolBucks.com – You may set up an online account using a Credit / Debit card to make deposits into your student’s account.
2)You may send a check with your student made payable to the Fair Haven School Lunch Program.
Please include the student’s name in the Memo line. Cash will also be accepted, however this does slow the lines.
FRESH PICKS CAFÉ – District Link: *Fresh Picks Site
We are constantly adding new information to our Website! Please take time to learn about our Food Service Program and access up to the minute information. TY for visiting.
Starting – MONDAY – April 29
To the end-of-the-school year
NO LONGER BE ALLOWED
To charge in the cafeteria.
We ask that ANYONE with an outstanding bill please PAY it ASAP! TY
Breakfast Prices: Full Price Students $1.25 / Adult $2.00
Lunch Prices: Full Price Students $2.10 / Adult $3.25
District Link: See menus here! *Fresh Picks Site
Monday – 5/20: Build Your Own Sandwich: Build Your Own Chicken Sandwich, Potato Salad, Fresh Fruit
Tuesday – 5/21: Wok for Life: Sweet & Sour Chicken, Asian Vegetables, Seasoned Rice, Pears
ACS – RELAY FOR LIFE:
The American Cancer Society Rutland County RELAY for LIFE is Saturday, 6/22, 2013 at the Rutland Fair Grounds.
OPENING CEREMONIES start at 1 p.m. – LUMINARIA Ceremony starts at 9 p.m..
You may purchase luminaries for $5 a bag – here in the Main Office. Decorate one yourself – or purchase one that is already decorated!!!! TY
AFTER SCHOOL DRIVER ED:
- Applications for May / June After School Driver Education are available in GUIDANCE. DEADLINE is Wednesday – 5/22.
- We have 12 students exhibiting in the Student Art Show at the Chaffee Art Center in Rutland!
Paintings, ceramics, a beautiful quilt, an incredible handcrafted guitar, and more! The show will be up through Saturday – 5/25 at the new Chaffee Downtown Gallery – 75 Merchants Row-Rutland. OPEN Tuesday-Thursday 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., Friday/Saturday from 11:30 a.m. – 7 p.m..
The talent in truly stunning – check it out!
CHEERLEADERS 2013-14 FALL / WINTER SEASON:
Any new – and current Cheerleaders interested in going to CHEERLEADING SUMMER CAMP @ Westfield State University – August 2-5, please make sure you have a deposit to Mrs. Ransom by 6/10, 2013! Checks need to be made out to FHU!
- There will be an INFORMATIONAL meeting on MONDAY – 6/3 at 6 p.m.. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-265-4966 x267.
- ART CLUB: Meeting on WEDNESDAYS after school from 3 – 4 p.m.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE CLUB: Meets TUESDAYS during T.A. in Ms. Gallagher’s room.
- POLICE CADETS: If you are interested in Law Enforcement – think about joining us! Planning a great year!
DRESS CODE REMINDERS:
- As the weather gets warmer (then colder – then warmer!) it seems appropriate to remind students of the current dress code – taken from the STUDENT / PARENT Handbook. Info can be found on Page 6. Please check it out here: *Student/Parent Handbook
- Guidance website The Website is updated regularly! Please visit soon!
- Library website This link provides VOLUMES of useful information – why not “check it out”!!!
For information about the Homework Success Program, please follow this link: *After School Services
PROJECT GRADUATION / SLIDE SHOW NEEDS:
SENIORS – ASAP – Please send your 5 photos (1-baby or toddler / 1-formal senior pic / 3-candid pictures of you and your friends during your time at FHUHS) to: *FHUHS Project Grad
Hard copies of photos can also be dropped off here in the FHUHS Office. PLEASE LABEL THEM! They will be returned to you on the day that you pick up your cap and gown.
PLEASE REMEMBER that this takes MANY HOURS to create – and it will be more difficult to complete as the end of school gets closer. WE NEED YOUR HELP!
THIS IS YOUR YEAR – PARTICIPATE!!
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to the above address – or you can contact the Alexanders at (802) 265-4295. TY
- Our “little” visitors will be here TUESDAY – between 11:05 & 12:25 p.m.. Please watch for them in the halls.
Give them a “big” SLATER welcome!
THURSDAY will be our LAST visit for this year!
SCHOLARS BOWL NEWS:
- NOTE: Scholars Bowl will have the end-of-the-year PIZZA / ELECTIONS Party on Wednesday – 5/22 after school in Mrs. Cornell’s room. See you there!
SENIOR NEWS CONNECTION:
This section is available to help keep the “information highway” running smoothly between our students / parents / guardians!
Reminder: Pre-pay for Cap & Gowns = $20. Make checks payable to: FHUHS.
- Weekly Sports Schedule website Reminder: Information regarding PHYSICALS and CONCUSSION EDUCATION is available at *Activities Updates
Monday – 5/20:
- GOLF – 18 hole match @ Neshobe (AWAY) / Dismiss 12:05 – Leave 12:15 p.m.
- JV BASEBALL & SOFTBALL @ Mt. Anthony (AWAY) / Dismiss 1:50 – Leave 2 p.m.
- BOYS TENNIS @ Burr & Burton (AWAY) / Dismiss 2:16 – Leave 2:30 p.m.
YEARBOOK – ORDER ASAP!
He who hesitates – will not be owning the 2013 version of the Yearbook!
- FYI – There are only 25 copies left to purchase!!!! $50 – Payable at order!
ALL money due by MAY 30! ORDER ASAP!!!!
FACULTY / STAFF:
HONOR AWARDS CEREMONY: All are invited to attend the Honor Awards Ceremony Tuesday – 5/21. Dessert will be served starting at 6:30 p.m. and the ceremony begins at 7 p.m.