Too much news to process so open apologies to all students left off! That being said, some highlights:
- The Slater Track and Field Invitational was a massive event with 23 schools coming to compete. At the end of the day both our boys and girls took first place with terrific displays of athleticism across the board.
- Dakota Folmsby earned the highly coveted Eagle Scout Award. It takes years of steady work to accomplish this feat so congratulations are in order for Dakota.
- Freshman Kevin Richer has put together a May 29th morning assembly to highlight some of the student initiatives and accomplishments completed this semester. All are encouraged to attend this 45 minute presentation that begins at 830.
- A variety of artistic work has been on display in our foyer. Please feel free to stop by to see some stunning student works using wood, metal, paints, photos, quilts, etc. many students have already taken their projects home but plenty are still on display. We will be working to digitally showcasing our student work so that it may be seen by all who go to our website, Fhuhs.org.
- The senior prom just wrapped up with all our kids looking (and acting) amazing. Photos will be appearing this week in the local Lakeside News. We thank Roy for spending time on a Saturday night in order to make this happen.
- Awards night on May 22.
- Memorial Day Assembly is May 25th with guest speaker Nick Bruno, former Slater currently attending West Point. The public is welcome to attend.
- Katherine Pouliot won the $5000 Hood Award. 3.0 GPA, play at least 2 varsity sports, leadership. Katherine just returned from a personal tour of Gillette Stadium from Patriot Logan Mankins.
- Congratulations to Cassie Ciejko for earning induction into the National Technology Honor Society!
Have a great week,
Brett C. Blanchard, Principal